Thursday

pine trees

He loves me. He says so. He wants a future with me. He says so.
I'm hoping that all my indignities won't find themselves piled at his door,
scheming and whispering through the crack at the bottom.
He weaves such pretty words for me, binding me in gratitude and injecting longing
into my eyeballs so late at night I can scarcely breathe
and all the while my heart is pushing blood through all these nameless veins of mine.
I'm hoping he doesn't find the idea to crack me open and survey me with an academic grin,
I'm hoping he doesn't imagine me to be a savior or an honest man,
I'm hoping he doesn't expect me to drown in darkness,
and all the while my heart is pushing blood through all these nameless veins of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep in mind that I don't give a flying fuck.