Why don't I want children?
Because I can't bear the thought of forcing another human being to walk in this FUCKED society.
I'm taking the time to get to know me, to fall in love with me, to understand me. To see what I like and why it moves me, to know how my touch feels against my skin, what pleases me and what I despise, what I want and why I don't have it.
I've noticed a drastic, dramatic and almost inexplicable change in my music tastes. I mean, I can trace them, but I just find it a little funny. A month ago I was listening to Art Brut, Keane, Them Crooked Vultures; now I'm finding that Andrew Bird takes my breath away, Aphex Twin and Dan Deacon have become normal pastimes for me, Metric has been blaring out my computer all day and I'm downloading Mumford and Sons right now. I still love the former, but the latter thaws my aching soul. Besides, who could deny Crystal Castles?
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I LOVE ANDREW BIRD.
...just getting that out there.
Things I'm Totally Obsessed With
mellow music that makes me realize i'm breathing
contemporary art
saliva
crying
body hair
my thighs
the pain in being okay
stumble
organs (both kinds)
andrew bird's whistling
angry feminism
being a lesbian even though i'm not
my sex life concerning only me
how i'm about to fail at quitting smoking
devotchka
making myself sound way fucking cooler than i am
making art that really feels like me
inspiration
the passion that is missing from my life
authenticity
dainty shoes
my own awkwardness
eyes that aren't really eyes, like the button eyes in coraline or zombie eyes or shark/demon eyes
the love of degradation
my own weird depravity
cynicism
what my neighbors are doing
finding the person who understands
skirts
portal 2
this video of baby red pandas in the snow
the meaning of sex
witty shakespearean insults
aquariums (i'm going to one tomorrow!!!)
old western movies
film noir
...crying again. right now.
ceilings
glass jars
bottles
incense
warehouses
pianos (but you knew that)
old fashioned names
cardigans
wrists
wind
window sills
I'm hungry.
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please keep in mind that I don't give a flying fuck.