I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake. Rene Descartes
Dreams are excursions into the limbo of things, a semi-deliverance from the human prison. Henri Amiel
Like all dreamers I confuse disenchantment with truth. Jean-Paul Sartre
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. Edgar Allen Poe
Dreaming men are haunted men. Stephen Vincent Benet
The general function of dreams is to try to restore our psychological balance by producing dream material that re-establishes, in a subtle way, the total psychic equilibrium. Carl Jung
Even the loveliest dream bears like a blemish its difference from reality, the awareness that what it grants is mere illusion. Theodore Wiesengrund Adorno
The dream is the small hidden door in the deepest and most intimate sanctum of the soul, which opens to that primeval cosmic night that was soul long before there was conscious ego and will be soul far beyond what a conscious ego could ever reach. Carl Jung
Dreams have led many astray, and those who believed in them have perished. Ben Sira
I'm really beginning to wonder if I'm on the road to another psychotic break. I was recently told that I am beginning to disintegrate under the weight of my own genius-- I wouldn't say brilliance is the catalyst, but I'm collapsing under something. My head can't hold all this. Heads aren't meant to hold all this. It's too much. It's too much. There's something behind all this and I can't peel back and see behind what I see. There has to be a corner, a frayed edge, but every time I search for it the lights go out and I panic.
I am very gracefully falling apart.

I'm just a crazy girl that reads your blog religiously, but I'm here for you if you need me. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteFantastic quotes from some of my favorite people (this coming from a fellow dreamer). I think we've been going through the same thing. I think an abnormal lack of sleep coupled with some pretty heavy life decisions are kind of burying me too.
ReplyDelete