For reasons unknown I'm watching The Road again.
Oh god they just found the basement stash of people... running running running, people in the house, might have to shoot you in the head, oh good there's the door AAAAAAAAAND more running.
This movie was incredible... the first time I saw it. Now it's just masochistic. Why am I watching this again? Closure? I think closure is the reason, but Jude also watched it again and I could be looking to be one up him. If the world were to end, this is exactly what it would be like though.
This movie is NOT for couples to see together. I'm dead fucking serious. Jude and I spent the night talking through survival plans and how long we would go before killing ourselves and who would go first, blah blah blah. We'd definitely commit suicide before it got to the craziness shown in this movie, I mean after a while there's no point. Plus considering that we barely have enough motivation to keep from offing ourselves here in this society... we'd be gone within a year, no doubt. It would be too dangerous for both of us, but (as Jude pointed out) for me especially-- being a womon has such downfalls. Pressure to be aesthetically pleasing to everyone, unequal pay, a society that praises womyn for being ignorant and uneducated and condemns us otherwise... and being kept as a sexual and reproductive slave should the apocalypse arrive. What joy is mine.
So yeah. Day off from work, catching up on some sleep, maybe do some laundry. Pretty pointless entry, really, but whatevs. Wasn't impressed with the new GaGa video... I dunno, I'm not an Alejandro fan anyway, by far the worst song on The Fame Monster. Not only that, but how can you name your album The Fame Monster and not make Monster one of the singles? Jeesh, you'd think. A lot of people are pissed because the video is "racist"-- "If you name a song Alejandro and give it Latino influences, why is everyone in the video white?"
Because, you dumbasses, GaGa's songs and videos are almost never related-- especially not her most recent material. The video was clearly set in WWII Europe, how the fuck did you get occupied Argentina out of that? I mean, did you even watch the fucking video? I'm really beginning to hate certain feminist sites I regularly spend my time at. Anyone who calls GaGa a racist obviously 1) is not familiar with her work, 2) hasn't taken the time to educate themselves on the GaGa culture and therefore has no business speaking their mind about it, or 3) generally doesn't know shit from shinola anyway and has no right to steal my oxygen.
...in case you haven't noticed, I'm a raging GaGa fan.
blah blah blah.
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please keep in mind that I don't give a flying fuck.