Tuesday

stuffy and oh-so dizzy

I'm somewhat reminiscent today. Maybe it's the soundtrack for today, maybe it's just my sentimental nature, maybe I just have a problem living in the present...
I do miss my fish. I wish he would talk to me, but he seems too busy to remember my existence. It breaks my heart, it really does, considering that we were inseparable and joined at the hip for so many years. I do hope he's okay. I just wish I could give him a ring without getting a voicemail, without feeling the need to leave a pointless message that will not be returned, without feeling like I'm justified to get my hopes up only to be left empty at the end of the day without a reply. I wonder when the last time he heard this band was-- does he still think of me when our song comes on? We play it at work every once in a while, and I find myself staring off into space with that look on my stupid face, remembering all the hours on the phone, all the crying in his basement, all the bandaging of my wrists and all the boys we both crushed on.
Anyway, I didn't intend to hop on here and mourn for my fish.
Someone (I have yet to think of a name for him) was supposed to call me this weekend so we could hang out, but I never got a call. Granted, this isn't a date thing, but I still feel a bit let down-- he's the most interesting person I've met in a long time (he works next door to the salon, so we see each other quite a bit) and it's so nice to find someone that I can just chat to. I was really looking forward to getting a call from him this weekend, but apparently that went out the window. Probably for the best, I still haven't finished the book he recommended for me... 100 pages about squid... great book anyway, but 100 pages about... squid...
Having a "0 Tolerance for Stupidity" policy does have a tendency to diminish your social life rather quickly; I try to snag anyone I find I can listen to without wanting to shoot myself in the face.

"Will you still remember me well?"
Hm. Be careful what you wish for, I suppose.

I wish reality wasn't so overwhelming.

<3  


update:
Fun conversation with Jack (as I've decided to call him): check.
Worked only an hour and a half: check.
Awesome new hair cut: check.
Evening with Jude: check.
Extra unexpected money: check.
Adorable kitten: check.

Overall, not a half bad day.
oh...
Weird call from a debt collector: check.
Have to call her back... who the fuck wants shit from me? I'm a little nervous, but hopefully this is just another thing from September's kidney fun-- apparently nobody got wind of my secondary insurance at the time, so I'm praying and lighting candles that it's just a misunderstanding. Cross your fingers; I can barely afford rent, let alone some random bill for who knows how much.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with that collector... maybe it's just a mistake or something like that. It does sound like overall your day went fairly well. :) That makes me smile.

    Oh, and I'm finding myself most jealous of the new haircut and the adorable kitten. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep in mind that I don't give a flying fuck.